There are a total of six skills:
- Fishing: Gathering Fish as a Food resource. Only one Tribe member can have this skill selected at any time to avoid over-fishing.
- Wood Gathering: Gathering Wood as a resource. Certain amounts of Wood are required to build different Buildings.
- Rock Gathering: Gathering Rocks as a resource. Certain amounts of Rock are required to build different Buildings.
- Construction: Constructing the various Buildings. Only 4 tribesmen can work on any one building at a time.
- Agriculture: Planting Farms and Saplings to provide Food resources, Wood resources and various Berries used for making Dyes. (See also Seeds and Dyes)
- Science: Researching at the Science Center to gain additional Technologies that help the Tribe advance. (See also Science)
As Tribe members Level Up, their Skills begin to benefit the Tribe. For example, as the Tribe member levels up, the amount of time it takes to perform each of the skill-related tasks decreases. In addition, a Tribe member must master certain skill levels in order to solve some Mysteries.
You can add as many skill points as you like to a skill. But beyond level 20, the extra skill points will have no effect.
Stages of Skill DevelopmentEdit
These are the Levels between each stage of the cycle.
- Trainee: Level 2 - 4
- Skilled: Level 5 - 9
- Expert: Level 10 - 14
- Legendary: Level 15 - 19
- Master: Level 20+
There's an additional title of Tribal Legend given to a tribe member who has level 15 in at least 2 skills.
In addition, as tribesmen level up all 6 skills together, they become tribal elders of varying degrees:
All skills level 2: Tribal Elder
All skills level 3: Wise Elder
All skills level 4: Great Elder
All skills level 5: Distinguished Elder
All skills level 6: Venerable Elder
All skills level 7: Exalted Elder
At each elder level, the tribesman gets to add 5 points to either their physical or mental strength. In addition, elders level faster the higher degree they are.