Dyes can be made using recipes you find in crates. You can also get individual dyes, but not necessarily the recipe to recreate them, from crates, leveling up, and completing quests.
Dyes are used to customize, individualize, and beautify your tribespeople. They do not increase skills, but change the color of the clothing items they are being applied to. Keep in mind, once the item of clothing is dyed, it can not be dyed again - the color can not be changed.
You can only find recipes for dyes in crates.
Simple Dyes are classified as easy to make dyes. This is due to the fact that they do not require important resources such as Moondust or Stardust or a Dyemaking level higher than Level 2.
Some example are below:
- Barnacle Dye - 1 greyberry, 18 shells, 8 bird guano
- Black Dye - 1 darkberry, 15 mushrooms
- Blizzard Dye - 1 snowberry, 1 polarberry, 9 bird guano
- Blush Dye - 1 softberry, 34 shells, 11 mushrooms
- Brass Dye - 1 dogberry, 1 golden relic
- Brown Dye - 1 bearberry, 1 cocoaberry, 13 mushrooms
- Burnt Orange Dye - 1 fireberry, 1 sunberry, 11 mushrooms
- Burnt Sienna Dye - 1 rootberry, 26 shells, 11 mushrooms
- Chestnut Dye - 1 earthberry, 11 mushrooms
- Cream Dye - 1 creamberry, 1 iceberry, 13 bird guano
- Eggplant Dye - 1 riddleberry, 11 mushrooms
- Lunar Gray Dye - 1 rockberry, 22 shells
- Navy Blue Dye - 1 catberry, 1 blueberry, 10 mushrooms
- Ocean Blue Dye - 1 seaberry, 21 shells, 8 mushrooms
- Rascal Red Dye - 1 heartberry, 13 mushrooms
- Rugged Red Dye - 1 hotberry, 25 shells, 8 bird guano
- Rust Dye - 1 rustberry, 1 golden relic, 14 shells
- Royal Blue Dye - 1 royalberry, 27 shells
- Salmon Dye - 1 snackberry, 22 shells, 8 bird guano
- Sky Blue Dye - 1 cloudberry, 24 shells
- Turquoise Dye - 1 fishberry, 29 shells, 11 bird guano
- Yellow Dye - 1 chuckberry, 10 bird guano, 11 mushrooms
Here is a list of all available dyes. It can be used to compare clothing colours. (hover over the image for the dye's name, dyes with * next to the name are available in the Pearl Shop)